Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ghostgirl: Homecoming by Tonya Hurley

Ghostgirl: 
Homecoming 
by Tonya Hurley

Release date:  July 1, 2009

Genre:  Friendship, Ghosts
Published:  2009
Hardback:  285 pages
Rating:  4

Inspiration:  My second requested review copy. I liked the first book, so the sequel sounds just as good.

Description from book:
The to-die-for sequel to teen phenomenon ghostgirl. Charlotte Usher, a.k.a. ghostgirl, discovers that the afterlife isn't quite what she expected when she's forced to intern at a hotline for troubled teens. But duty calls when Hawthrone High's leading love-to-hate cheerleader and her gothic little sis suddenly find themselves in dire need. Charlotte's opportunity to help them may prove to be the risk of a lifetime -- for all of them.

My thoughts:
In-a-word:  Homecoming  - yeah, just like the title
Charlotte's story continues moving on to the next level of the afterlife. The other characters we came to like are along for the ride. We get to see Charlotte's character blossom more and get just a smidge more background info on her. Also, it was interesting to learn more about Charlotte's new world. 

Again, I enjoyed the chapter teasers and illustrations. There are nuggets of life lessons to be learned with this book as with the first. If there is another book coming, I'm game. I sure want to know what happens next because the end leaves us in a bit of a cliffhanger.

Couple alert:
Scarlet and Damen have been added to my personal fave YA couples list. Loved how they developed as a couple from the first book and into this one. I get a kick out of "their" song, I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie. The song suits them perfectly. I like this cover version by sunjunky23 - give a listen.


Visit the ghostgirl site for some fun paranormal activities.

Series:

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu