Sunday, July 12, 2015

Metropolitan (1990)

Metropolitan (1990)
Directed and Written by: Whit Stillman

Starring:
Carolyn Farina as Audrey Rouget
Edward Clements as Tom Townsend

My rating: 5

Per imdb:
A group of young upper-class Manhattanites are blithely passing through the gala debutante season, when an unusual outsider joins them and stirs them up.

PeekInside:



My two-bits:

The many mentions of Jane Austen and her works was an automatic "Like it" from me. Also, you can see some similar themes in this storyline.

Loved the group dynamic of this crowd of 20 somethings. It was interesting to observe their interactions and conversations as they socialize face-to-face in a subtle search of mates.

While the fashion style of the late 80's was depicted, I was not crazy about seeing it. Funny because that is my generation.


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu