Sunday, April 26, 2009

Body Image Week: Deborah Lytton Challenge


Jane in Bloom by Deborah Lytton

Book description from amazon.com:
Jane’s big sister, Lizzie, has always been the center of attention. No one ever pays attention to boring, plain Jane. But when Jane’s twelfth birthday marks the beginning of Lizzie’s final descent into a fatal eating disorder, Jane discovers that the only thing harder than living in her big sister’s shadow is living without her. In the wake of tragedy, Jane learns to look through her camera lens and frame life differently, embracing her broken family and understanding that every girl has her season to blossom. Spare and vulnerable prose marks this beautiful debut that is at once heartbreaking and uplifting.

Read an interview with Deborah Lytton at In Bed with Books

Read a book review at MyFavoriteAuthor

Read my book review (link will be here) once I get my hands on the book. I requested my local library to get a copy so it should be soon!

Body Image Week Challenge:
Deborah Lytton, author of Jane in Bloom has put out a challenge for Body Image Week which I'm working on. You can read more about the challenge at In Bed With Books.

My results:
I decided to take up my knitting needles for the challenge and work on a new scarf for myself. It's been a year since I've knitted and have been meaning to for awhile. I had to go into our garage to look through some boxes for my needles and yarn. I haven't had chance to unpack my craft boxes since moving Summer of 2007. Here's a picture of me with a couple rows completed and the yarn I selected for the project. It will take me a couple months to complete, so I'll post a picture of the finished scarf in this post later.


I love the feel of the knitting needles and yarn again. I find it so meditative when click, click, clicking along. I'm a beginner knitter so my pattern is the basic knit stitch. I may venture into doing some purls but need to find out how to do one first.

Updated:

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu