Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Zombie movies

Night of Living Dead (1968)
Director: George A. Romero
Screenplay: George A. Romero, John A. Russo
Starring: Duane Jones, Judith O'Dea, Karl Hardman
-Drama, Horror, Mystery, Zombies | imdb | my rating: 5

A group of people hide from bloodthirsty zombies in a farmhouse.

=====> This classic zombie flick gets into the group survival issues that come up when strangers are forced to fight for their lives. I was kinda shocked with the ending. Sad.

I wanted to re-watch this film as I did not remember much about it. I first saw it when I was a kid and I think it was on tv (censored). Interesting to note that there were some shots of naked zombies shuffling around.


Contracted (2013)
Director/Writer: Eric England
Starring: Najarra Townsend, Caroline Williams, Alice Macdonald
-Drama, Horror, Thriller, Zombies | imdb | my rating: 5

A young girl contracts what she thinks is a sexually-transmitted disease - but is actually something much worse.

=====> Oh, ewww. Quite an extreme message on STDs. Loved the gradual transition from human to zombie.

~*~

* part of zombie month (schedule)

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu